What are Plastering Courses?
Plastering is one of the most sensitive parts of construction. Thus, firms or contractors prefer those who have enough knowledge on how to plastering or those who undergo a plastering course. This training is right for those who wish to learn the right way to do plastering, rendering and pebble dashing. It can also help you to improve your skills, learn techniques and to work fast.
Your tasks will include fixing the plasterboard of ceilings and walls, preparing surfaces for backing plasters, cutting and fixing bead, forming corner, applying bonding coat, sand, cement, external renderer, finish plaster, skimming ceiling and walls, patching broken areas and re-plastering walls.
Learning the proper ways of plastering requires considerable time to spend. There are different kinds of plastering courses and they vary according to what you need to learn and some of them are:
- Basic Plastering Course – This includes introductory to plastering and suits the needs of those who want to gain insight to plastering industry.
- Advanced Plastering Course – This will help you learn larger areas about plastering and includes dealing with technique.
- Professional Plastering Course – If you need a qualification on Plastering, then starting this course is perfect. It will let you do the exact plastering and you will receive assessment and training to validate your competence.
- NVQ or National Vocational Qualifications Plastering Course – Will help you achieve the plastering accredited qualification.
- Plastering Diploma Course – The course includes both theory and practical based on understanding the construction industry.
What Will You Learn from Plastering Courses?
Plastering courses will let you learn four major things.
First is the preparation, it involves mixing the materials, the proper way to remove the old plaster or furnishings, cleaning the area, cleaning your tools. Second, meet the right tools on every step. Learn how to use complex tools and which tools to use or what technique is right on a certain area. Third, the step-by-step way to plaster and render according to basic mechanics of plastering and rules of construction. It will not just help you learn how to plaster a new wall but to do repairs and renovations. Fourth, this course will teach you the trickiest way to give a thin layer and smooth finish to a wall.
If you wish to employ yourself for one company, then having certificate will be your advantage. Plastering course will let you do professional works such as rendering, pebble dashing, coving and damp course installation. Your knowledge and skills learned from the course will be your tool to have a longer relationship with the company. But if you want working on your own time, then you can work as individual contractor. Smooth, clean and reliable work will be your key to have work as much as you can. Maintain a good relationship with your contractor or previous employer to get referral.
The increasing demand of plastering services will surely give you a job. More trainings, means more qualifications, more qualifications means more work. Nowadays, experience is not just a basis on hiring since most companies prefer those with certificate.